King City is an unincorporated community in King Township. In 1836, a settlement styled Springhill was established in King. With the arrival of the Ontario, Simcoe and Huron railway in 1853, the settlement began to expand. In 1890, the reeve of King township James Whiting Crossley incorporated King City by merging the hamlets of Springhill, Kinghorn, Laskay, and Eversley. King City is characterized by rolling hills and clustered temperate forests in the Eastern Great Lakes lowland forests ecoregion. Numerous kettle lakes and ponds dot the area. Creeks and streams from King City, the surrounding area, and as far west as Bolton and as far east as Stouffville are the origin for the East Humber River.