St. Joseph Catholic Elementary School is committed to creating, in partnership with the home, and parish, a caring Catholic environment dedicated to the development of individuals with a life-long love of learning who will contribute to our society positively, using our Catholic Virtues and Catholic Graduate Expectations.
Our Patron Saint: St. Joseph
St. Joseph is the patron saint of our school. He was the foster father of Jesus and engaged to Mary. He is the patron of many groups and causes including the family, workers, and carpenters, Canada, immigrants, happy death, expectant mothers, social justice and the Universal Church. His feast day is March 19.
The success of every student is at the heart of our work at St. Joseph. All staff from classroom teachers, educational assistants and special education resource teachers make it their work to advocate for student needs.
We are committed to enabling all students to reach their potential, and to succeed. We recognize that every student is unique and each must have opportunities to achieve success according to his or her own interests, abilities, and goals. We have set high academic expectations and standards for our students. With rich learning opportunities and appropriate support, our students have proven their ability to rise to the challenge.
Grade level Focus on Faith themes are embedded in daily teacher-student learning , and we continue to focus on small group, differentiated instruction with an emphasis on assessment as, of and for learning.
St. Joseph Catholic Elementary School, in partnership with Parish, St. Joseph, Patron of Canada, is committed to providing for the spiritual care and development of children and staff.
Catholic Graduate Expectations
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God’s presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
- An effective communicator, who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values.
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good.
- A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
- A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work, which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good. A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish and the wider community.
- A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of human life.
All students are encouraged to participate in the lunchtime intramural activities.
Junior and Intermediate students may participate in extracurricular sports programs offered at the Board level. These include:Cross-Country, Volleyball, Basketball and Track and Field.
There are many different clubs that students can be a part of at St. Joseph School. Some of these include: School Choir, Rosary Club, Environment Club, Battle of the Books, Games Club, Lego Club, Team Unbreakable, Math Club, Social Justice and Student Council.