Adrienne Clarkson P.S. is named after Adrienne Clarkson, the former Governor General of Canada. Adrienne Clarkson represents multiculturalism, bilingualism and a love and devotion to literacy.
Our school motto is Encore plus loin vers la réussite.
Our school mascot is ‘Adrienne Clarkson Cougars'.
Adrienne Clarkson P.S. officially opened in September of 2004. The school is located at 68 Queens College Drive in Richmond Hill.
A before and after child care program operated by Macklin House is located at Adrienne Clarkson P.S.
As with each school in the York Region District School Board, Adrienne Clarkson P.S. support student learning through the curriculum standards set out by the Ontario Ministry of Education and many other co-curricular activities.
- is a French Immersion School
- promotes a safe and supportive learning environment. This is done through the Board's Safe Schools Policy and Procedures and the Character Education Initiatives
- provides a before and after school program. Service is provided by Macklin House
We are also very proud to offer the following programs to our students:
- Anti-Bullying Programs
- Guest speakers and workshops
- Ongoing and informal social skills counselling
- Kinark Family Services / Blue Hills
- Progressive Discipline Model
- Student Leadership program
- VIP program for Grade 6 students
- Making a Difference and Anger Management for the junior grades
- Scientists in the Classroom
- Junior Achievement
- Canadian Achievement Tests
- Teacher Advisor Program for the intermediate division
- Hip Hop Dance
- Instrumental Music for grades 6 – 8
- Grade 8 exchange program through SEVEC
- Scanlon Creek Outdoor Education for grade 6
- Wildfire Outdoor Education for grade 7
- Sport teams and intramural teams
- Clubs and lunchtime activities throughout the year
- Promote character education
Safe and Supportive Schools/Character Education/Equity Education
Every student has the right to learn in a safe and supportive environment. The York Region District School Board has a Safe Schools Policy and a defined procedure to implement the policy. Both the policy and procedure support the view that student discipline involves a continuum of support including prevention, intervention and appropriate consequences.
In addition, Adrienne Clarkson P.S. supports the development of character education in the York Region District School Board. The following is an overview of the school's Character Education initiatives:
We acknowledge and celebrate monthly character traits with the student body. Students have the opportunity to participate in ‘Together We're Better' conferences in addition to other Anti-bullying conferences in the junior grades.