Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School

6.8

101 Birchmount Rd, Scarborough, ON M1N 3J7, Canada

  • SCHOOL LEVEL: Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle
  • GRADES OFFERED: PK - 8

About Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School was opened by the Metropolitan Separate School Board (now Toronto Catholic District School Board) in April, 1959. This new school relieved the overcrowding which had occurred at St. Dunstan and St. Theresa Shrine Catholic Schools during a period of rapid growth. Being adjacent to Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, it was given the same title. The Vincentian Fathers, who are responsible for the parish, honour the blessed Virgin in a special way under the title of Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School is located in Birchcliffe-Cliffside

Birch Cliff is located in the southwest part of the old city of Scarborough, running along the shore of Lake Ontario atop the western part of the Scarborough Bluffs. The area was first developed as the home of the Toronto Hunt Club in 1895 when the region was still mostly farms and woodland. A notable section of the neighbourhood is the former Birch Cliff Quarry. Cliffside was developed as a modern large scale suburban housing subdivision in the early 1950s, during the post–World War II period with the baby boom subdividing of farmland. The area south of Kingston Road was previously a golf course. Some homes were built prior to this period with the development of Birch Cliff to the west.

View Neighbourhood Guide
See Birchcliffe-Cliffside listings
No REALM account? Ask your agent