Walk through the doors of Wesley Christian Academy and you will immediately feel that this is someplace special. The chatter of busy children, the encouraging and wise quotations on the walls and the faces of caring, exceptionally qualified, and dedicated educators are but a few of the differences.
We are committed to providing all the necessary components to help each child reach his or her potential. An outstanding curriculum complemented with music, arts, physical education, and studies in foreign languages enrich the program. In order to develop a strong moral character, there must be a yardstick to measure it against. For us, our measure is based on Biblical Christian values.
Mission, Values & Statement of Faith
Many of the students at Wesley Christian Academy share our Christian beliefs and values but we warmly welcome families from ALL faiths and cultural backgrounds to our school community.
Our mission is to build a caring community, the complete child and to develop Christian character.
Our mission and purpose are structured around five integral values.
- Academic Excellence: Wesley offers a highly structured curriculum that focuses on academic excellence. Our students consistently score 2 years above grade level and are ranked in the top 20th percentile in the country as assessed through the Canadian Achievement Tests. Testing is done annually. Our accelerated French and Music Programs provide challenge to our students and round out their education. At Wesley, students not only develop academic excellence and but a lifelong love for learning.
- Physical Development: Our health and physical education classes are an important part of the overall program and encourage healthy living. Our full-time Physical Education teacher is the backbone of an athletics department that trains 8 competitive sports teams as well as intramural teams throughout the year. These components of the Wesley experience impart values of teamwork, responsibility and accountability in our student athletes.
- Emotional Strength: It is our aspiration that every child develops a compelling inner realization of being a worthy and valued person with much to offer to the world. Children are encouraged to be confident that in our caring environment, they can stretch, grow, dream, reach, and envision all they can become. As students move through their school years at Wesley, they will mature into confident young people, hopeful of bright futures.
- Spiritual Development: At Wesley, we believe that an individual’s spiritual development has an impact on all other areas of his or her life. Our school has a proud heritage based on the Christian faith and worldview. By creating an environment where students grow to understand the world through God’s eyes, we trust that His values will become theirs.
- Social Connections: All community is formed on a bedrock of strong relationships. At Wesley, we believe classroom instruction goes beyond simple academics to positive character building. The social skills and strong moral values, based on timeless Christian principles, learned at Wesley help produce healthy relationships, social responsibility, and personal integrity.
Statement of Faith
At Wesley, we are proudly committed to the Christian principles, values, and worldview that give an ancient and credible context to the education we offer. Our faculty and staff come from a diverse expression of Christian faith, and as an organization, we embrace Biblical truths and doctrinal creed that have been endorsed universally and historically by the Christian Church.